Translate

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Are you serious?

I tend to say this frequently, often in really dumb moments but for some reason I am more annoyed when other people say it to me.

Case in point. I am hearing impaired - which means my hearing is impaired.  So when you are talking to me the conversation may go something like this...

Child: "Ma - mumble, mumble, mumble."
Me: "What?"
Child: "mumble, mumble, mumble."
Me: [moving closer] "Huh?"
Child: [very loudly while sucking his teeth] "Are you serious?"
Me: "Why the fuck wouldn't I be serious?  You think I have nothing better to do than stand here and say what and huh?  Speak the fuck up."

another example of this would be:

Me: "Did you hear so and so passed away?"
Person: "Are you serious?"
Me: [blank stare..]


There are just times that "Are you serious?" doesn't fit - and again I am guilty as well, with that said, here are some other responses you may consider using (and by all means add some in if you have any):

O*M*G (I think this is the one child above should have considered.)
You shitting me?
Please, don't tell me that.
Damn, that is messed up.
Oh No!
No way!
How?
Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment