Translate

Monday, June 10, 2013

Control = Stress

There are just some things in life that we can't control. In fact most things fall under this category. How frustrating it must be to want to force a block in a circle hole. I use to be one of those people. If things didn't go exactly my way or how I felt they should go there will be hell to pay for anyone in my path. I am thankful that I am no longer like that. No doubt I get frustrated and will give my self a nice dose of anxiety but inevitably I know that there are just some things, circumstances and people I have no control over. If control festers in your blood stream and you need everything mapped out accordingly you will make yourself crazy because it is an illusion. You just think you have control. Let it go - Is it uncomfortable? Hell yeah but there is also a peace you find in acceptance of things and of life. It doesn't mean you don't express how you feel or that you like the way things turn out - it just means you realize that it is what it is.

 “You must learn to let go. Release the stress.
You were never in control anyway.”
                                    ― Steve Maraboli  

2 comments:

  1. Good one Sissy. I don't think I've lost the urge to control things, I've just learned to let it go when I know that i cant.

    "The mob has plans, the cops have plans, Gordon’s got plans. You know, they’re schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I’m not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are." - The Joker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wise words Wiz... I also practice acceptance but interestingly someone told me just last week acceptance doesn't mean throwing in the towel...my response was I didn't get that far in the class.

    ReplyDelete