Translate

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Overwhelmed...

This is what happens when you have too much to do. There is so much going on in your life that your emotions and thoughts are in overload.  There is just too much on your plate and not enough resources, time, finances, energy just not enough.

It is said (and quite often I might add) that God only gives you what you can handle.  This doesn't mean that you won't feel overwhelmed or brought down to your knees in tears - it means that he knows you can handle whatever is going on...YOU GOT THIS!  

Are there times when you want to say "No God - I don't got this!"  "I don't want this!"  "Give me something else!" Yes - there are those times but God help me - I know it could be worse, so very much worse.  So I will allow myself these moments of being overwhelmed.  I will trust in the God of my understanding that I can handle this and be extremely grateful that I have the abundance of blessing that I do around me.  I will force myself to be grateful - because I should and have every reason to be.

If you are feeling overwhelmed - you are not alone.  It is ok to give in to the feelings that being overwhelmed brings - just don't stay there. Ok? You will get through this!  I have faith in you - have faith in yourself. It is ok to ask for help also - you may not get it but ask anyway.  Step away if you need to. Just for a moment - it will allow you to rebuild and recharge.  

Deep breath - inhale - exhale - a few more times with your eyes closed.
Ok, now back to life.



2 comments: