Translate

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Metronome shoes


I absolutely appreciate hot beautiful shoes.  Metronomeshoes.com is one of my favorite sites to browse through.  Their shoes are affordable and stunning but I am not even going to front, I can't walk in them.  Don't mistake not being able to walk in them for not being able to lean up against the wall or sit with my legs crossed looking sexy as all get out (while my Dr. Scholls foldable flats are in my wristlet) but I am not walking, commuting, evacuating during a state of emergency in them.

Case in point.  Yesterday there was a very nicely dressed young (toothpick thin) lady walking (and I am using this term loosely) in these FABULOUS shoes.  No question about it these shoes were friggin gorgeous.  Black leather platform pumps with leopard print soles, however each of her ankles was wobbling like they had minds of their own and she was using her man's arm for support.  Did I mention his ass had on sneakers?  Irrelevent fact: I think they were white Lacoste.

There are very few women who can really walk in these contraptions (Jessica Simpson - even while pregnant pulls this off).  I am not sure if the makers actually intend for you to walk in them let alone trot up and down steps of the train station, jumping over puddles and potholes - unless you are doing a Sex in the City shoot.

I myself have walked into poles, slipped and tripped while in flats (I am sure some fucker will eventually catch me and will post it on youtube).  I try to comfort myself by saying I can't pull this off because I am overweight and my poor toes are not meant to take all the pressure of this 160 lb body - ok FINE 185 lb body.  Maybe that is indeed the case but girlfriend yesterday had to weigh about 90 lbs with 20 rolls of quarters on her and she was not pulling it off.

The point is - oh hell there is no point...if shoe makers brought the heels and platforms down a notch I don't know that they would be so hot but I really would like them to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment