Translate

Friday, March 23, 2012

Do you!

One of my biggest issues is taking care of me.  I always worry more about how the other person that I care about is going to feel if I set a boundary or just feel like doing me.  The funny thing is - those people don't have the same issue and then when they do them you are thinking to yourself "I am an idiot."

The bottom line is you have to live for you.  If you don't feel like going somewhere or doing something say it.  If you don't feel like inviting certain people to a particular event then don't (weddings should probably be excluded).  It is important to be kind and considerate of others but that doesn't mean you should alter your own wants and actions because how it is going to make them feel.  Their feelings belong to them and are theirs to deal with.

Let's practice: "It isn't that I don't love you I just don't want to see you mug this weekend."
ok maybe that isn't the way to go....

How about: "I am sorry - I was planning on just doing me this weekend."
or "Hey hun, I just wanted to let you know that I made plans the week of Spring break to be with my girls."

There is nothing wrong with doing you.  With that said, if I happen to mention that I am doing me at a particular time it isn't that I don't love you it is just that I want to do something else with someone else and well - you aren't invited.


3 comments:

  1. So love it. Can't do anyone til you do you first. They will understand

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to understand :)~ so let me know when I'm invited. I mean this in a loving way ... oxoxox

    C'iao for now.

    ReplyDelete