Translate

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I don't call the shots...

I obviously don't call the shots in this crazy world but from a bystander point of view I can't help but want to scream "That's not fair!"

Now my ex and I had a conversation the other day and I told him you know "that isn't fair" and this pendejo responded with "Well Sis, life isn't fair."

Yeah you know what? It isn't.  There are people who go through too much struggle and pain.  There are people who have to bury their children.  There are amazing individuals who have passed on before there time (again not my call but my point of view) and then there are the others....

What do I mean by others?
The ones who don't do shit with there lives but contemplate how to get over on others.  The lazy, schemers, greedy and selfish.  The ones who are malicious and bitter (maybe I shouldn't add bitter to this mix or narrow it down to so bitter it becomes evil).  The ones who have abused their minds and bodies with every substance under the sun and still manage to have another breath each morning.  The ones who cause physical, emotional and mental anguish on those that are weaker (or believe they are weaker).

I so wish - and will continue to pray to the God of my understanding - for the unwavering faith I see in many going through deep emotional, mental and physical pain.  It is humbling how these people don't ever question their God and trust in absolutely everything he chooses for them - I am so far from that.  I hope to keep adding a bit of oxygen to the little spark of hope I have in me that it will someday grow larger and stronger.

I heard yesterday that a woman in her late 30s passed away suddenly.  She is from the area and we have some mutual friends.  I didn't know her but she had 2 young children and I can't help but want to scream it again "That's not fair!"  But again, I don't call the shots.

Make this day count people.  Laugh at something, anything.  Love something, anything.  Just live and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment