Translate

Thursday, February 9, 2012

I told you so...

There are some phrases that really ruffle my feathers when they are told to me.

One of them is "I told you so."  Did you now?  And when you "told me so" did I tell you to shut the fuck up?  What is the point of saying "I told you so" if not to say "if you would have listened to me this would not have happened." Now let me apologize to my children because I will slip on occasion and use this on them but since they don't read my blog they are none the wiser.

Some other phrases are:
"You always do that!" Do I really? Then you shouldn't be surprised and this is a pointless discussion - next subject.

"That's what you get."  Yes, that is what I got and here is what you get {insert middle finger and death stare here}.

"You never....." This kind of goes with "you always" and as such is pointless but I find it extremely irritating since my life if far from over and there is still a chance that I still may do the thing you think I never did or do.  Additionally, you aren't with me 24/7 so how the fuck you know what I never do.

"Why would you do that?" Obviously to irritate the shit out of you.

"What were you thinking?" Oh I don't know maybe I wasn't thinking and if I was maybe my thoughts centered around I won't get caught.

Condescending is what it is and you can keep it to yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Can I piggyback on this and talk about some of the phrases I hate on my own blog? :-)

    ReplyDelete