Translate

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Not everyone likes broccoli...

Some people love broccoli, I happen to be one of them.  I also like carrots and brussel sprouts, although I am not a big fan of celery or cucumbers.  While broccoli may offer certain nutrients celery may offer others. The point is everyone is different. Situations that anger some may amuse others.  Two kids can grow up in the same household and remember the past differently.  It is what makes us human. We are not PCs where we all can get an anti virus and operate the same way.  Our senses (and life experiences) allow us to have different thoughts, perceptions and reactions to what we see, taste, smell, hear (or in my case not hear) and feel.

Keep an open mind to those around you. If you choose not to do something give someone else that same right.  Let them choose. 

Some children like to read others like to draw.  Do we tell the one who draws that they should draw less and read more because it is better for them? 

The fact is I love broccoli and that is what I choose to eat.  Kudos to you on your fondness for celery - I promise if I see you munching on a stalk I won't say ewwww that is disgusting (unless you dipped it in shit - in which case I may say it in my head, turn away and possibly gag).   I may even be open to a suggestion you have on how celery can be incorporated into different meals (I will eat it if it's in soup) but please don't constantly reiterate to me how much better celery is for me than broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment