Translate

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Here is your list of required school supplies.....

Every year I get a school supply list and most of the time the same crap is on it.
Loose-leaf paper
Composition Notebooks
Subject Dividers
Folder
Pens & Pencils
Pencil Sharpner
Pencil Case

And every year I see the same items not being used.  My kid never has the pens I bought but always ones he finds in class. The case is usually found mid-school year under the bed - with the unused pencil sharpener. Last year's composition notebooks are only half filled. Subject dividers are not used because he has 5 different composition notebooks and has a tendency to shove the sheets in any available folder - no matter what it is labeled.

Then my kid wonders why I just cut out the first half of last year's English composition notebook to use this year.  Went through all the old binders and accumulated a stack of unused loose-leaf paper….Staples was charging $5 for a 500 sheet pack….Oh hell no.

"Damn ma – you have me going in as a sophomore like this?"
He is lucky I don't send him in with a tablet and chalk or a bucket of dirt and a stick.

Go earn that scholarship baby!  

No comments:

Post a Comment