Translate

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What's in a name?

What's in a name?
Is ugly equivalent to dirty?. 

Examples of this are

Fly vs Dragon Fly – I won't think twice about smashing a fly with the daily newspaper but the Dragon Fly seems exotic and has that strip of bluish purple.
Moth vs Butterfly – Only the colors make them different in my eyes and why are white moths more acceptable then grey or black ones – racist I tell you.
Beetle vs Lady Bug – I am not going to front – I will take a quick step back from a beetle and possibly even leave a room.  A Lady Bug however I will leave be.
Squirrel vs Rat (as far as I am concerned they are both dirty but people encourage squirrels to come to them for food – even give their kids peanuts to offer…fuck that – they are glorified rats).

I have heard stories of insects called stink bugs and hump back something or other….None of the names or stories make me a fan.

Roaches and waterbugs are in their own category.  Maybe if they didn't have long antennae, weren't so damn fast and didn't pop when you step on them (shuttering at the thought).  I can't help but wonder if they were a different color maybe they would be ok…but alas they are not so I will continue to clear a room and most likely knock down a child and pregnant lady while doing so if I see one – and Lord help whoever is near me if it is in flight.


No comments:

Post a Comment