Translate

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Are you busy on Saturday?...

Well I tell you that all depends.  To me this is a set up of the worst kind because you are curious as to what the person is going to say but your gut knows that it will be one of those favor requests.  I have never had a:

"Are you busy on Saturday because I have orchestra seats to the Lion King on Broadway and thought you would like to go."

what usually occurs is:
"I was wondering if you can take me to the airport?" or "Would you be able to watch all 6 of my kids while I go get a pedicure?"

The point is the question should be rephrased to:
"Do you think on Saturday you can blah, blah, blah?"  or "If you are available on Saturday could you blah, blah, blah?"  this way if I don't want to do it I am not cornered because you already know I am free.

It is a set up.  That is why nowadays everyone answers "Why?" before they are willing to let you know what their plans are.

No comments:

Post a Comment