Translate

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Solicitation.

"So, Miss/Mr. [insert name here] - can I put you down for a SMALL contribution of $50.

First of all there is nothing small about a $50.  That is at least 2 rounds of drinks for me and my girls during happy hour.

I, as much as everyone else, understand that times are hard.  The holidays are coming and there are so many people and children that will go without.  With that said, I suggest you make sure your organization is a damn good one before you call me and ask for money.  In fact don't bother - I will donate where I deem fit which will not include: the bus, the train, any street corner, in front of Rite Aid while you are opening the door or a telephone call from someone who acts like they have known me for years yet can't pronounce my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment