Translate

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The world of online dating...

A while back I decided to try online dating.  It is a good experience if you are trying to get yourself back out there.  I met some fairly normal people like myself and some from planet Hell No but I didn't realize it would be such a filtering process - people lie. They put pictures of of themselves when they were 10 years younger and 60 lbs lighter.  Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem dating an older heavy guy but at least give me a heads up.  Don't have me looking for William Levy when your ass is Dennis Franz (who I find to be an attractive man with a whole lot of swagger).  Point is Dennis wouldn't put a pic of himself when he was 45 if he is in fact 60.

If you have a lazy eye, peg leg or tourette let a sista know.  Same applies to the ladies but I will leave that mess for someone else to take on.

I am, for the most part, a very honest person.  I also don't have time to waste on nonsense so after taking some time to work on my profile this was the end result.

"Primarily, I am a mom, daughter, sister and friend.  I value those roles and while I strive to be the best in all of them I try not to take them too seriously.

I have a sarcastic, quick wit and often laugh at things I shouldn't.
I make every effort to be a person of my word.  I am a work in progress.
I, like many others, prefer honesty in any relationship.  Be straight, be real but don't be an idiot when doing it.
I am a Mets fan.  Doesn't matter how bad the season - it goes with this horrible loyalty trait I have in me. I have nothing against Yankee fans, I'm just not one of them.

I am not for you if:

You want athletic & toned
You are a stickler for etiquette (while I know how to drink out of a glass and control most bodily functions upper class lady I am not)
You want or think you want kids (I have 2 I can barely tolerate)
You want a domestic Goddess
You are deeply religious, I have people praying for my soul this very moment."

You be surprised at how people set their standards because I had no shortage of emails.  As I said earlier - it was a good experience but for now I choose to remain single.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha. This is funny, sad and true all at the same time. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete