Translate

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

In memory of...

The only people who like funerals are the funeral directors and the millionaire widows left behind.  With that said, I just returned from attending a funeral service for a very dear elderly woman that I had the pleasure of knowing for a short time.  As I was listening to the speakers talk so kindly of her, deservedly, I started to think of my own funeral and what my family and friends would say about me…

They would not say things like….
"She always had a kind word to say and never spoke bad about anyone."
"She never complained."
"She lived each day to the fullest."

They would most likely say things like….
"She always knew she would go in some undignified way but I bet she is pissed it was on the crapper."
"She was a beautiful person who had kind words when her meds were working."
"Always had some smartass comment to make."
"That girl loved to get her sleep and eat on."
"If it was purple it was acceptable."
"If you owe her money she is still expecting you to pay her back – give it to one of the kids."
"Regardless if she went up or down, I hope there is a Starbucks because you know how she gets when she doesn't have coffee."

Thankfully, my friends and family love me for who I am regardless. <3

1 comment: